If you get involved into the Road Traffic Accident (RTA) you should obtain the following important information:
- Obtain the details of all the vehicle registrations involved along with the Policy details of the driver`s Insurance company.
- Take the exact details of where the vehicles have ended up on the road by means of photographic or video evidence.
- Take photographic evidence of the damage done to your vehicle and the other vehicle in case of a dispute with the third party.
- Telephone the Garda Síochána to make sure that they attend at the scene of the accident.
- Take names , addresses, emails and mobile phone numbers of all independent witnesses.
- If Garda Síochána arrives take the name of the investigating officer.
- Do not make a statement to Garda Síochána without consulting your solicitor.
- Notify your own insurance company of the accident.
- Seek advice of your solicitor before filling out Accident Report Form.
Remember! You are under no obligation to make a statement to Garda
Sometimes incorrect statements to the Garda will prejudice your case